[mythtv-users] Best USB IR blaster / transmitter

Myth Guy mythtvguy1 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 14:25:51 UTC 2019

Hello, I am trying to transition from a tower mythtv backend to a
relatively new laptop (with Nvidia video).  Unfortunately, I had been
using a true serial port IR blaster with the tower, but the laptop
does not have a true hardware serial port on it.  My understanding is
that USB to serial converters won't work.

So I'm wondering, what is the best USB IR blaster?  I do have an
HD-PVR (model 1212), but I do not (yet) have the IR blaster hardware.
Does that solution work?

Thanks for any help,
Dan