[mythtv-users] HDHomerun locking and pooling in version 30.0?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 13:52:35 UTC 2019

On 4/24/19, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> For my SAT>IP tuners, the multirec setting allows for a maximum of 2
> multirec tuners.  I presume it works the same way for HDHR tuners. You
> can choose to set this to 1 if you want, but leaving it at the default
> 2 allows mythbackend to re-use the same tuner when it is doing
> overlapping back-to-back recordings on the same channel.

Thanks for the reply! Actually prior to 29.1 the default was 2, but in
29.1 it defaults to 1. I found that out when adding a new HDHR and
ended up having to redo it, as I wanted 2.

That's why I was saying how you have to go back and forth adding the
physical tuners as capture cards and creating the inputs for them
changing the max recordings to 2. Otherwise you don't end up with
sequential ids.

Since mythtv is the only thing that uses my tuners, I may never
encounter whatever new fail-over logic there might be. As you
mentioned, I like the over lap of recordings that use the same
multiplex. In older versions I sometimes would miss the very end of
shows for example and that never happens now. Whatever this new
functionality is I hope it doesn't cause any issues with the existing
functionality.

As I said in the original email, this seems like a pretty major change
to be totally missing from the release notes.

Tom