[mythtv-users] Trouble with HDHOMERUN drivers

DryHeat122 dryheat122 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 22:07:48 UTC 2019

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 10:28 AM Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 4/16/19, Ian Cameron <mkbloke at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 at 14:49, DryHeat122 <dryheat122 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Apr 15 15:00:03 steve-EP45-UD3P mythbackend: mythbackend[798]: I
> >> TVRecEvent tv_rec.cpp:4247 (TuningNewRecorder) TVRec[1]:
> >> TuningNewRecorder
> >> - CreateRecorder()
> >> Apr 15 15:00:03 steve-EP45-UD3P mythbackend: mythbackend[798]: E
> >> RecThread
> >> recorders/mpegrecorder.cpp:1418 (StartEncoding) MPEGRec[1](/dev/video0):
> >> StartEncoding: read failed, retry in 100 msec:#012#011#011#011eno:
> >> Resource
> >> temporarily unavailable (11)
> >>

> > The HDHomerun devices are all network based tuners, right?
> >
> > It seems a bit odd if that's the case, that mythbackend is attempting to
> > open the /dev/video0 device.
> >
> > Are you sure the back-end video capture device set-up is correct?
> >
> > Cheers, Ian
> >
> I have to agree with Ian here. I use nothing but HDHR tuners (for US
> OTA HD). No way is that reference to /dev/video0 normal for one of
> those.
>
> Tom
>
> I was reading a little further down in the wiki, and it said I might need
a firewall rule to allow access to the device.  I added that, and
hdhomerun_config then worked, but Myth still said it was offline.  Then I
rebooted, and it's working now.  When in doubt reboot, I guess.

Tom & Ian, I'm thinking maybe /dev/video0 appeared in the log because the
HDHR recording failed and Myth went to that as a backup?

Thanks for the help everybody!