[mythtv-users] Recording failure

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 15:10:10 UTC 2019

Hi Allen!

> I seem to have introduced another way to make recordings fail with the
> changes to make the IP address static. Now mythfilldatabase does not run.

Here I've always used static addresses for the Backends, mainly so the
Frontends could find them, so I don't think use of a static address on
its own is an issue.

> Here is the key line
> *DataDirect: Failed to get data: Download error*

FWIW I had an issue on Sunday, March 31, 2019, and Monday, April 1,
2019. where Schedules was not updating on both Backends.  I has assumed
SD was off-line Sunday, was starting to get concerned when no updates
Monday night; Tuesday morning I had gone to the SD website to see if
anything posted (and yes, thought it odd nothing posted to this forum).
The only thing I did was refresh the station listing at SD - didn't add,
subtract.  For whatever reason seemed to have fixed the problem.  (Yea!)

And as another FWIW a year or so ago I was experimenting with my laptop,
creating a temporary Backend.  Some how it got stuck and wouldn't allow
updates to the other Backends.  The laptop didn't lock up but somehow
didn't release the connection to SchedulesDirect.  Stumbled on  that one
by looking in the Gateway (DSL here) and whatever table showing active
connections: IP for the laptop was active for the IP to SchedulesDirect.

Admittedly both of my examples are probably a little quirky but may help
your troubleshooting.

Barry