[mythtv-users] Recording failure.

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 03:37:12 UTC 2019

I seem to have introduced another way to make recordings fail with the
changes to make the IP address static. Now mythfilldatabase does not run.

First thing I thought of was that disabling the iPv6 was more than a red
herring but maybe a Black Swan. So I removed the code from the two files I
had modified to disable ipv6 and verified that they are no longer
disabled.  But mythfilldatabase still cannot find the backend.

Here is the key line
*DataDirect: Failed to get data: Download error*

I made these changes to static IP addresses 12 days ago so I run out of
schedule information tomorrow afternoon.  I felt panic setting in.

I checked with Schedules Direct just to make sure I was OK there and
Expires:Monday, June 17, 2019
So that isn't it.
I checked Mythbackend Setup and confirmed that the IP address was correct.

I added one more entry in what I did to make the IP static
broadcast 192.168.1.255  and that didn't help.

It looked like Myth was not able to access the Internet but I can FTP into
the Myth computer from my Windows PC in the other room so that seems odd.

Finally I removed my static IP address fixes and now mythfilldatabase runs.

The bad line now reads
*Downloaded 1669761 bytes *
Success

Now I have two weeks of scheduled data so that fixed the mythfildatabase
issue but now I have an unstable system that might crash in the next few
weeks.

Summary.  After setting IP address to static I could not download data from
Schedules Direct.  Removing the static settings and it works.
But this is not stable because of a bug somewhere in the system dynamic IP
drops connection occasionally.

Anyone know what I need to do to get the Static IP to work?

Allen