[mythtv-users] specific channel seek issue and acts like poor signal

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 09:52:37 UTC 2019

     >> A slight rethink here.  Perhaps the embedded timestamps are
causing the problem, and a sample might be useful.

It does sound as if the problem is seek-table related, which means that
putting a sample online isn't likely to help.

There have been changes in playback options that might be significant.

In  Frontend-setup > Video > Playback > Advanced Playback Settings

there is 'Enable new timestamp-based playback speed (AVSync2)' that
might perhaps be significant.  (I'm on Master)  Try changing whatever
you have there.  Or something else in that region.

I was a bit confused by your 'downloading' the file.  I take it that you
just played the actual recorded file in vlc, not something taken from
the web?

John P