[mythtv-users] Compiling mythtv.30 - why does hdhomerun show disabled?

David Hampton mythtv at love2code.net
Mon Apr 8 20:50:34 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2019-04-08 at 14:45 -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 2:26 PM Ralph <rbonafied at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Fair questions :)  I downloaded libhdhomerun.tar.gz to my Mageia
> > system.
> >  Libhdhomerun compiled fine and created  libhdhomerun.so.   I
> > copied *.h
> > to /usr/include and /usr/local/include.  I copied *.so to both
> > /usr/local/lib and /usr/lib64.  I made sure the permissions were
> > world
> > readable.
> >
> > I then ran mythtv's configure with the following options:
> >
> > ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mythtv.30 --enable-vdpau
> > --with-bindings=perl --disable-altivec --enable-libmp3lame
> > --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid  --enable-
> > sdl2 --disable-xnvctrl
> >
> > I saw this in the output of configure:
> > HDHomeRun support         no
> >
> > I then wrote this reply :)
>
> Two things I can think of...
>
> 1. Were the libraries executable? They must be executable on Fedora
> (and I believe RPM based systems), and not on Debian based systems.
>
> 2. The Fedora package mangles the includes to be in a subdirectory,
> perhaps configure is only looking there?

Fedora and Debian mangle the include files into differently named
directories.

Configure is looking for:

1) A library named libhdhomerun.so wherever your libs normally go

2) A header file named hdhomerun/hdhomerun.h or
libhdhomerun/hdhomerun.h wherever your include files normally go

3) The include file must pull in the declaration of a function named
hdhomerun_discover_find_devices or hdhomerun_discover_find_devices_v2.
That will be in the file hdhomerun_discover.h, included from
hdhomerun.h.

I don't know whether the library must be executable.  Configure will
attempt to link it into a test executable, and that must succeed.

Look at the config.ep file that is created when you run configure and
see what it says.

David