[mythtv-users] In current master cannot receive HD DVB without resetting up card

jksjdevelop jksjdevelop at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 15:54:17 UTC 2019

The bottom line is that, you have to run mythsetup and in the field now
called Delivery System select DVB-S2 or DVB-T2 as appropriate. Otherwise
only DVB-T or DVB-S can be received. Once initialised the system works
as expected across restarts.

Possibly not acceptable when v31 pops out.

I have two DVB tuners.

an USB stick

em28xx 3-2:1.0: Identified as Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD DVB

for which dvb-fe-tool -a4
Device Silicon Labs Si2168 (/dev/dvb/adapter4/frontend0) capabilities:
      CAN_2G_MODULATION
      CAN_FEC_1_2
      CAN_FEC_2_3
      CAN_FEC_3_4
      CAN_FEC_5_6
      CAN_FEC_7_8
      CAN_FEC_AUTO
      CAN_GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO
      CAN_HIERARCHY_AUTO
      CAN_INVERSION_AUTO
      CAN_MULTISTREAM
      CAN_MUTE_TS
      CAN_QAM_16
      CAN_QAM_32
      CAN_QAM_64
      CAN_QAM_128
      CAN_QAM_256
      CAN_QAM_AUTO
      CAN_QPSK
      CAN_TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO
DVB API Version 5.11, Current v5 delivery system: DVBT
Supported delivery systems:
     [DVBT]
      DVBT2
      DVBC/ANNEX_A
Frequency range for the current standard:
From:            42.0 MHz
To:               870 MHz

and a dvbsky PCIE satellite card  DVBSky S950 V3

dvb-fe-tool -a6
Device Montage Technology M88DS3103 (/dev/dvb/adapter6/frontend0)
capabilities:
      CAN_2G_MODULATION
      CAN_FEC_1_2
      CAN_FEC_2_3
      CAN_FEC_3_4
      CAN_FEC_4_5
      CAN_FEC_5_6
      CAN_FEC_6_7
      CAN_FEC_7_8
      CAN_FEC_8_9
      CAN_FEC_AUTO
      CAN_INVERSION_AUTO
      CAN_QPSK
      CAN_RECOVER
DVB API Version 5.11, Current v5 delivery system: DVBS
Supported delivery systems:
     [DVBS]
      DVBS2
Frequency range for the current standard: