[mythtv-users] Adding new HDHR, no Max recordings option

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 17:53:08 UTC 2019

On 4/1/19, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow...I just about had a brain hemorrhage trying to add a new HDHR
> tuner to my system. I'm beyond lost. I'm running 29.1 by the way.
>
> I already have two HDHR's with two tuners each...each tuner setup with
> two virtual tuners for multirec. It's been a while since I added the
> existing cards. To be honest, I'm not sure if I was still on 0.28.1
> when I added those.
>
> When I go into the capture cards screen in mythtv-setup now the
> "Recording Options" page is completely missing the "Max recordings"
> option altogether, even for my existing cards that are already set to
> 2, and have two capturecard records for each tuner. As a result, if I
> try to add the new HDHR I get only one capturecard record per tuner
> with a reclimit of 1.

Oh man. I finally figured out that that option is in the Input
connections. Very confusing. I found that I had to do things in the
correct order. That is, a) add a capture card for the new HDHR's tuner
0, b) Set up it's Input connection with the Max recordings of 2 (which
causes the second capturecard record to get created) and then c)
repeat steps a and b for tuner 1.

Sorry for the noise.

Tom