[mythtv-users] Ubuntu 18.04.1 & MythTV v29.1 recording failures

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 10:00:50 UTC 2018

On 26/09/18 09:42, Andy Smith wrote:
> Thanks for checking for me, at least I can ignore the dmsg errors if
> you are getting them too.  I will try juggling some cards in some
> slots, the trouble being this was a random failure out of the blue so
> knowing if anything has been fixed will be inconclusive.  I will start
> counting the 'Failed to set channel to . Reverting to kState_None' and
> reboot the box once this gets down to once per minute.

The "sometimes" I mentioned is maybe once or twice per day, some days
nothing, for  cx23885 0000:05:00.0: dma in progress detected 0x00000001
0x00000001, clearing messages

How are you getting your guide data, if  EIT is enabled the following
may reduce how often you get the messages - these are the setting I use
for Freeview in UK with my QuadHD card :

In mythtv-setup> Capture Cards (make sure mythtv-backend is stopped
first i.e. sudo systemctl stop mythtv-backend)

For each Capture set

Signal timeout (ms) to 7000

Tuning timeout (ms) to 10000

Open DVB card on demand is unticked

Use DVB card for active EIT scan is only ticked on ONE capture card,
unticked on all the others that use the same Video Source.

Note if you use Live TV with UK Freeview you may sometimes get tuning
failures, no audio  or even lockup of the mythfrontend, I have reported
a couple of bugs in this area see:

https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13292    LiveTV Channel Switching -
DVB-T/T2 UK Freeview

https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13319   mythfrontend hangs when
exiting LiveTV from an Audio only DVB channel

Mike