[mythtv-users] mythtv and devuan

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Sep 24 15:16:18 UTC 2018

I am becoming sufficiently irritated by recent "incidents" to do with systemd that I am thinking of
jumping ship completely to Devuan.

I have created a sample host and, so far as I can see, the other differences between Devuan and
Debian are relatively trivial.

What I don't see are any mythtv packages in their repositories. I would assume that these are not
binary-compatible with Debian ones, so I can't just use deb-multimedia as I have done up till now.
There are one or two libraries, but these appear to be ones that are referenced by Kodi and like
packages.

Are there any mythtv repos for Devuan yet, or do I have to go old-school and compile it myself? I
can of course do that, but packages would save me time and attention, plus giving me a known release
point.

--

Mike Perkins