[mythtv-users] Raspian version

Jeff jffry at posteo.net
Mon Sep 24 11:26:37 UTC 2018

On 23/09/18 20:30, Peter Bennett wrote:
> After a recent update, playback was  jerky, audio interrupted and
> digital audio no longer works (the IEC958 device no longer exists). I
> tried various prior versions and found that the 2017-11-29 version
> works, but ones from 2018 have problems.

I am using audio via HDMI. I assume that this doesn't use the IEC958?

I remember after upgrading to stretch having to change some of the video
settings, but nothing that wasn't documented on the wiki.

In general, I find my up-to-date RPi3 pretty good as a frontend,
although it takes quite a while (e.g up to 30s) to start watching a new
stream, especially immediately after booting. There is obviously some
caching involved, as this is considerably less if I quit back to the
frontend and then restart the stream.

It occasionally unstable, particularly watching sports in HD, freezing
after an hour or so of watching. I sometimes have to restart the
frontend, and very occasionally the backend to get things going again.
Mostly, though, it just quits back to the frontend GUI and I have to
restart the stream.

Nothing to do with Myth is the fact that sometimes I have to unplug/plug
in the ethernet cable to get it to find the LAN.

Regards

Jeff