[mythtv-users] Mythweb Channel Icon problem

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 13:59:43 UTC 2018

On 09/20/2018 07:36 AM, Edmund Na wrote:
> The routine which copies Channel Icon images from Myth to Mythweb isn’t
> working correctly.
>
> At all times when I view Channel Icons on a frontend or in mythtv-setup I
> see what I expect, but recently a couple of images were updated and then
> they didn’t display on Mythweb – they showed as missing/corrupted image
> rather than no image.
>
> The icons are stored in /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels/ and have user and
> group permission mythtv, but they are readable by all.
>
> Mythweb seems to access the images from /var/cache/mythweb/image_cache and
> most images here are correct. I understand that when a new icon is added or
> used something copies it to the image_cache folder. In my case that process
> is producing corrupted images; each is 44Bytes. It is an empty xml file.
> This is the same for PNG and jpg.
>
> If I manually copy the icons from channels to image_cache I see the images
> I expect on Mythweb, however I would like to see if I can understand what
> is going wrong as this may indicate something else is wrong.
>
> I am running Myth 0.28.0+fixes.20160413 and Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS

Interesting. I don't have an image_cache directory anywhere on my 16.04 or
18.04 boxes. apache2 is my web server.

I'd expect the mythweb icons to be located in .../mythweb/data/tv_icons
and that directory is writable by the user/group running the web server.
Mine looks like:

   $ ls -ld /var/www/mythweb/data/tv_icons/
   drwxrwxr-x 2 mythtv www-data 4096 Aug 11 08:04 /var/www/mythweb/data/tv_icons/

--
Bill