[mythtv-users] Channel Reassignment

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Tue Sep 18 15:45:24 UTC 2018

On 9/17/2018 5:57 PM, Martin Compton wrote:
> We've had some changes to the OTA channels.  I can see the new channel
> assignment in hdhomerun_config_gui, but don't know what to change in
> the database (I use Schedules Direct if that helps).
> I did a channel scan within mythtv-setup, but it doesn't appear to
> have changed anything.
>
> I'm at a loss as to how to what to update on the channel definition in
> the database based on what I see in hdhomerun_config_gui.

This might not be relevant to you, since it sounds like you did a
complete channel scan, but I recently needed to add a new OTA channel,
but did not want to do a complete rescan.  I did not want to deal with
fixing all of the channel numbers from underscores back to periods
(there used to be a global option to configure this, but it was removed
many versions back :-( ).

I use the mythtv-backend-setup application, and select the Channel
Editor menu (#6 I think).  From there, I would select each tuner and
enter the channel scan menu.  There are only a few choices there for
scan types (full scan, or scan existing transport).  I wanted to choose
the scan existing transport to only scan (rescan) one channel, but the
"transport" did not already exist.  What I discovered was I could first
select the edit transport menu and from there select the add new
transport.  This allowed me to add a new transport, so it would show up
on the scan UI as an existing transport and voila, it worked.

Jay