[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase loses connection to database

Joey Morris rjmorris.list at zoho.com
Sun Sep 9 20:47:10 UTC 2018

Joey Morris <rjmorris.list at zoho.com> wrote on Sat, Sep 08, 2018 at 11:30:44PM -0400:
> Digging into it, I saw that mythfilldatabase sits for 5 minutes on "Updating
> programs" before losing its connection to the database, which then leads to
> several errors because the temp tables don't exist anymore. This same step took
> 9 seconds on my old system. I checked the database tuning parameters, and
> everything looked the same between the old and new system.

I also tried running optimize_mythdb.pl, but that didn't help.

> I can try switching to the XMLTV grabber (which I was planning to do at some
> point anyway) to see if that helps, but I wonder if whatever is causing the
> current problem may still be a problem later.

I switched to the XMLTV grabber, and mythfilldatabase is now successfully
populating guide data for both of my video sources. I never figured out the
problem with the slow query using the DataDirect grabber, but I'm going to stick
with the XMLTV grabber and hope the root problem doesn't manifest itself
somewhere else later.