[mythtv-users] HDPVR 1212 power supply

Jim lists at morton.hrcoxmail.com
Wed Sep 5 11:44:58 UTC 2018

On 9/4/2018 8:15 PM, Rajil Saraswat wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I bought two 5V 2A power supply's (PSU) from the Hauppauge.com store
> [1]. Using this PSU, the HDPVR seems to lock up at times. The
> multi-meter shows that the voltage is 5.2V while a check on the original
> supply showed 5V. Is HDPVR quite sensitive to supply voltage?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rajil

I can't answer your question but I will say that Hauppauge's power
supplies are pure
crap. I have been through 5 of them in a 3 year period. (No
exaggeration.) I finally
took someone's advice and cut the connector off of one and wired it to the
computer's power supply. I've had no issues since then and the HDPVR
seems to be
more reliable than before but I can't prove that.
I should also mention my system is on a Tripp-lite power conditioner and
UPS so the
problems I've had can't be shirked off on dirty power.

--
Jim