[mythtv-users] Instruction on installing mythtv v29 on Xubuntu 18.04 with XMLTV program guide

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 21:12:53 UTC 2018

Well, with the help of the wiki’s and the folks on this mailing list, I have gotten my FE/BE test system working with Xubuntu 18.04.1 and V29 of mythtv.  I also use XMLTV json approach to getting my 21 day program schedule from SchedulesDirect.

I documented what I did so I can repeat this as needed and use it as a guide to move my production system over. I put my instructions on blogger so it can be shared with those who have similar needs.

https://mythtvinstall.blogspot.com/2018/10/creating-mythtv-v29-frontendbackend-on.html

Jim A