[mythtv-users] error adding lineup by zipcode with tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 12:33:31 UTC 2018

> On Oct 30, 2018, at 7:48 AM, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 4:16 AM Robert Eden <rmeden at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The zipcode message is probably cosmetic.  The big issue is
>> tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite is failing.
>
> Yes, the code actually expected Schedules Direct to
> meet the API specifications they offered.  My bad.
> I pushed a fix to tolerate the invalid data (the grabber
> should not crash) until Schedules Direct decides
> how to proceed with correcting their data or versioning
> the API.
>
>> Try tv_grab_zz_sdjson.  While the
>> sqlite version used to be much faster, I think they are pretty close now.
>
> For any reasonably large lineup, all the real time
> is spent in mythfilldatabase processing, so the
> download times are not really relevant.  However
> the data quality of ...sqlite version tends to be
> better because it merges the generic show data
> (and last I checked, the other grabber does not).
>
> Of course, your mileage will vary.

While you’re looking at sqlite version I had the following error:

jim at jim-xubuntu:~$ tv_grab_zz_sdjson --info
Name "Params::Validate::NO_VALIDATION" used only once: possible typo at /usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson line 238.
You need to install the perl-doc package to use this program.

If I install perl-doc, it’s fixed. Dependance missed??

Jim A