[mythtv-users] impending failure

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 15:51:36 UTC 2018

If you have done a complete image copy of the old drive to the new
drive, or else copied the partition and restored the ability of GRUB to
boot [1] on the new drive, then the replacement drive should be good to go.

[1]
https://gparted.org/display-doc.php?name=help-manual#gparted-fix-operating-system-boot-problems

One extra thing to check is that your BIOS/EFI is set to use the new
drive as the boot drive.  Otherwise it might be looking for the old
drive, or a different fall-back drive.  Usually the BIOS/EFI set up is
entered by pressing a key like DELETE or some other key [2].

[2]
https://gparted.org/display-doc.php?name=gparted-live-manual#gparted-live-preparing-bios

'Hope that helps.

Curtis