[mythtv-users] Adding Chromium-browser to main menu

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 04:06:06 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have gotten pretty far with this but am now stuck.  I added this to
default/mainmenu.xml

   <button>
      <type>TV_WATCH_TV</type>
      <text>Google Chrome</text>
      <description>Launch Chrome</description>
      <action>EXEC DISPLAY=":0.0" chromium-browser --fullscreen</action>
   </button>

But it launches on the terminal display and not on the TV.  The thing that
has me stuck is that in nvidia setup I only have display 0 and it is 0.0
and it list both the terminal and the TV under that single entry.  I
checked the TV as the main display.

I opened a terminal on both the terminal display and the TV and issued this
command

printenv | grep DISPLAY and sure enough, they both show DISPLAY=":0.0"

Myth starts on the TV but there were no clews in the autostart command.

I guess what is happening is that both displays look like a single display
where the TV has an offset equal to the width of the terminal display.  I
can drag Chrome over to the TV and make it full screen, which is what I
would like to happen automatically. But Myth acts as expected, just Chrome
does not.

So how do I distinguish between these physical displays so that Chrome will
open on the main display?

Allen