[mythtv-users] HELP: HD died will need to delete all recordings

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 16:39:05 UTC 2018

On 10/23/18, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 10/22/2018 10:47 PM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>> On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 21:15:36 -0400, you wrote:
>>
>>> Damn...one of the drives in my backend died so I'll loose all my
>>> recordings.
>>>
>>> Is there some shortcut to effectively do a delete and allow re-record
>>> on everything? I have a LOT there and will really need this.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Tom
>> Delete yes, re-record no, not that I know of.  For deleting recordings
>> that have missing recording files, use the "find_orphans.py" script:
>>
>> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Find_orphans.py
>
> find_orphans.py automatically deletes and _allows_ re-record, but you
> are correct that it will not create new rules to record the shows that
> are deleted (nor will any other mechanism for deletion). Any existing
> rules the cover the shows that get deleted will result in re-recording
> of the episodes.  However rules that no longer exist (i.e. "this
> showing" or "find and record once" or ... rules) will need to be created
> again.  Generally, though, those one-off rules tend to be for
> "opportunistic" recording of something less important, so probably
> aren't too much of a concern.
>
> Mike

Wow...totally confused. How exactly should I be getting that
find_orphans.py script? I see it's not part of the mythtv distribution
itself, and that link above doesn't have any sort of raw download. I
attempted to copy and paste it into vi from that page (which really
rubbed me the wrong way), which looked ok (and appeared to have the
proper space indenting) but it fails miserably.

Run as root I get this:

./find_orphans.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./find_orphans.py", line 221, in <module>
    DB = MythDB()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/database.py", line
1264, in __init__
    for tmpconfig in dbconfig.test(self.log):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/database.py", line 938, in test
    for conn in XMLConnection.fromUPNP(5.0):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/connections.py", line
607, in fromUPNP
    ip, port = reLOC.match(res['location']).group(1,2)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'

If I attempt that as a non-root user it segfaults. Any suggestions are welcome.

I was actually able to recover most of the recordings we care about
and I wanted to use this to clean up the rest.

Tom