[mythtv-users] audio missing from part of recording

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 20:04:47 UTC 2018

This has recently started happening on my backend system. I start
watching a show from a FE that was recorded the previous night and the
picture is perfect HD, but the audio will go silent for a few minutes at
most and then return.  These are OTA recordings made using a HDHR
Quatro. I can't find a pattern yet, but it's usually 1-2 minutes into
the start of a recording and then it returns in a few minutes.  There is
no video noise or loss of signal.  All the channels that I've noticed
this on have 100% as their signal strength.

I checked the backend log and nothing unusual during the duration of the
recording.

I have the same experience using multiple frontends. So it's in the
recording itself. This started withing the last month.  I've not seen
this in many years of using Mythtv.

Any ideas?

Jim A