[mythtv-users] Mythbackend recording glitches

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 15:28:41 UTC 2018

> >Something is still wrong with the progress bar.  What I am seeing is that
> >if I do a fresh start of Mythfrontend using VDPAU Normal the progress bar
> >is not there, just a blank blue background. If I switch from VDPAU to my
> >old custom settings that do not use the new card's features, I get the
> >normal blue background with the green progress bar. But if I then switch
> >VDPAU the progress bar works but it is brown in a green field, quite ugly
> >actually.  This is very repeatable.  For now I am just using my old
> setting
> >without hardware acceleration. I find this strange.
>
> So you are using the MythCenter-wide theme then?  Go to Settings >
> Theme Chooser and do M > Refresh Downloadable Themes.  Then make sure
> you have the latest version of the theme installed.  I believe it is
> v1.7.  I think that upgrading from such an old version of MythTV may
> have caused you to keep your old version of the theme.
>
> >I cannot notice any difference in the image quality between the various
> >options.  Perhaps this is because I am watching 720p programs on a 720p
> TV.
> >1) Forgetaboutit and use my old custom settings
> >2) Use OpenGL
> >3) Hope the upgrade fixes it.
> >
> >Allen
>
> With a modern Nvidia card, you should be using "VDPAU High Quality".
> That is the setting that offloads as much as possible of the video
> processing onto the GPU.

I am using the v1.7 theme.  I tried one of the other themes and it also had
the missing progress bar.  Seems like a VDPAU problem although I am sure
others are not having this problem so what's with that.  Hopefully the
upgrade will fix it.  Note, I did not upgrade to Mythbuntu 16.04.1. I did a
clean install.  I would like to have 16.04.5 and I assume that updating now
will do that.

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mythbuntu/0.28
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade

Allen