[mythtv-users] Mythbackend recording glitches

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Oct 25 02:53:42 UTC 2018

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 15:40:48 -0700, you wrote:

>9) There is still swap used as time goes on which I don't understand.
>Right now I am recording and doing a mythcomfilter and the swap is empty.
>Tomorrow the swap will be in use and files will be swapping in and out. It
>is like a swaping leak.

I have noticed just in the last few days that the swap usage on my
main MythTV system has completely disappeared, and on my mother's
system has reduced a great deal.  So I am wondering if a bug that was
causing it has just been fixed.  So if you are using the MythTV
version from the main Ubuntu repositories, I would recommend adding
the MythTV PPA and updating to the latest "fixes" version from there:

https://launchpad.net/~mythbuntu

This is my current version (mythutil --version):

MythTV Version : v29.1-41-gd8a2db7
MythTV Branch : fixes/29
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 29.20180316-1
QT Version : 5.9.5
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_vbox using_ceton
using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec
using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2
using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video
using_opengl_themepainter using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus
using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
using_profiletype using_systemd_notify using_systemd_journal
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php
using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi
using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2
using_libmp3lame

Also recently, there has been a significant speedup in the scheduler
that is well worth having.