[mythtv-users] updating out of date channels

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 08:15:53 UTC 2018

On 22/10/18 23:32, Jeff wrote:
> On 21/10/18 21:27, veehexx at zoho.com wrote:
>> got round to doing this tonight. turns out it was just an existing transport edit so no major changes or full rescans needed. digitalspys freesat changelog gave the new details and a simple cas of editing the FEC from 2/3 to 3/4 for both the transports of BBC one and BBC four channels.
>
> Ack.
>
> https://en.kingofsat.net/news28.2E.php
>
> I dug out the multiplexer ID like this:
>
> mysql -u xxxxxxxx -pxxxxxxxx --database=mythconverg -e 'SELECT channum,
> name, callsign, serviceid, symbolrate, polarity, frequency, fec,
> dtv_multiplex.mplexid FROM channel, dtv_multiplex WHERE
> channel.mplexid=dtv_multiplex.mplexid and name="BBC One HD" ORDER BY
> CAST(channum AS SIGNED INTEGER)'
>
> +---------+------------+------------+-----------+------------+----------+-----------+------+---------+
> | channum | name       | callsign   | serviceid | symbolrate | polarity
> | frequency | fec  | mplexid |
> +---------+------------+------------+-----------+------------+----------+-----------+------+---------+
> | 106     | BBC One HD | BBC One HD |      6941 |   23000000 | v
> |  10847000 | 2/3  |     295 |
> +---------+------------+------------+-----------+------------+----------+-----------+------+---------+
>
> You can then confirm that just those four channels are on that multiplexer:
>
> mysql -u xxxxxxxx -pxxxxxxxx --database=mythconverg -e 'SELECT channum,
> name, callsign, serviceid, symbolrate, polarity, frequency, fec,
> dtv_multiplex.mplexid FROM channel, dtv_multiplex WHERE
> channel.mplexid=dtv_multiplex.mplexid and dtv_multiplex.mplexid=295
> ORDER BY CAST(channum AS SIGNED INTEGER)'
>
> And then update the fec:
>
> mysql -u xxxxxxxx -pxxxxxxxx --database=mythconverg -e 'UPDATE
> dtv_multiplex SET fec = "3/4" WHERE mplexid=295'
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff

Since I don't have a sat-based system I can't do a direct test on this,
and I haven't looked at the code; but I would have expected there to be
an equivalent of the terrestrial 'Transport Editor' to let you do this
without having to write directly to the database.  ?

... or, once you have found out which multiplex is affected, scanning
that one only. ?

John