[mythtv-users] Pass the closed caption files to client through UPnP

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 16:55:39 UTC 2018

On 10/21/18 11:37 AM, R Kannan wrote:
> All,
>
> I am using an LG TV as a UPnP frontend to MythTV but the TV is not
> able to display captions from recorded shows. I can however extract
> the closed captions using ccextractor and store the video and the srt
> file on a usb drive which the TV is able to display.
>
> Is there a way to serve the srt file (for closed captions) along with
> the video from the MythTV backend through UPnP?
>
> Thanks
>
> ______

I have used this before. This is a user job that you can run from myth
tv. It extracts the subtitles and then converts the file to mkv with a
subtitle stream. These are more likely to be supported by other
applications or TV's.

https://github.com/bennettpeter/mythscripts/blob/master/install/opt/mythtv/bin/userjob_mkv.sh

Peter