[mythtv-users] updating out of date channels

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Sat Oct 20 19:45:46 UTC 2018

Yet again, UK Freesat has moved channel details so some channels are no longer working. tonight seem to be BBC one&two HD.
my last channel scan was maybe 4 months ago where i did a big run through of the channels to get things as close to 'book' as i could which went ok.

i think we all know the hassle it is to rescan and set the guide up manually. it's fine when things don't change too often but in the UK, things seem to change reasonably often. in the last month or 2, channel4HD, MotorsportUK, and these two BBC channels have all needed ammendments, and thats of the ones we've noticed were broken when we tried to livetv watch them.

Whats going to be the most painless way going forward? this time it's to get BBC one&two working again, next time would be different channels.
i know there were rumors of myth28/29 releasing a  web based mythtv-setup that afaik the first release was going to feature the ability to channel scan via it. afaik thats still not been released which is a shame.