[mythtv-users] Can MythTV support the new raspberry pi dvbt hat - cheap network tuner?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Oct 19 14:14:44 UTC 2018

On Fri, 19 Oct 2018 13:26:59 +0100, you wrote:

>On 18/10/2018 10:50, Zack Jones wrote:
>> Raspberry Pi have announced a DVBT2 Hat for Pi devices.  It is selling
>> for approximately 22€.
>> Does anyone know if MythTV can support this somehow?
>> Would really like to move to a network tuner so this could be a cheap
>> method of giving it a try.
>> https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-tv-hat
>> Thanks
>

>I ordered one yesterday and it arrived this morning.
>
>I  ran a quick test using RPI3+ with TVheadend and it works fine for
>both SD and HD from my local Freeview transmitter (SandyHeath).
>
>The DVBT2 HAT presents as a standard dvb device (/dev/dvb/adapter0)  and
>the usual tools such as w_scan2, femon, dvb-fe-tool -m all work.
>
>I am interested in using it with minsatip and mythtv, but know nothing
>about minisatip.
>

>Mike

If you already have TVHeadend set up, just use that.  It has a SAT>IP
server option, or you should be able to use its HTTP streams if you
can work out the URL to put in the MythTV database.  Which you should
be able to do by copying the "Play" URLs it provides.  Only if
TVHeadend is too resource hungry would I recommend using minisatip as
it is a bit buggy - I am using a specific older version because of a
bug in the later versions that I have not been able to track down yet.
TVHeadend may also be able to provide you with EPG data.  I think it
has options for exporting EPG now.