[mythtv-users] Can MythTV support the new raspberry pi dvbt hat - cheap, network tuner?

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 00:31:35 UTC 2018

>> Raspberry Pi have announced a DVBT2 Hat for Pi devices.  It is selling for approximately 22?.   Does anyone know if MythTV can support this somehow?    Would really like to move to a network tuner so this could be a cheap method of giving it a try.   https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-tv-hat   Thanks

Just read an article indicating the new Pi HAT Tuner is not compatible
with U.S. transmissions as uses "DVB-T2"; article indicates "DVB-T2 has
been widely deployed in Europe, Russia and the Asia Pacific".

(I'll admit I got excited reading the initial announcement too!)

Source:
https://www.zdnet.com/article/raspberry-pis-new-tv-add-on-is-out-but-theres-a-catch-for-us-users/?ftag=TRE-03-10aaa6b&bhid=23715725552730857241903066846885