[mythtv-users] Video card update fail

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 16:38:33 UTC 2018

On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 8:43 AM John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 13/10/18 15:50, Allen Edwards wrote:
> >

> > On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 7:35 AM Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
> > <mailto:allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >

> >     On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 2:31 AM Stephen Worthington
> >     <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz <mailto:stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>> wrote:
> >
> >         On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 09:12:27 -0700, you wrote:
> >

> >          >After my wife was done watching, I ran this command
> "mythbackend
> >          >--setverbose record" and started looking at the log while
> >         recording some
> >          >random show.
> >          >
> >          >What I see is a lot of messages like this
> >          >Oct 12 09:09:19 NewMyth mythbackend: mythbackend[867]: W
> >         HDHRStreamHandler
> >          >recorders/dtvrecorder.cpp:1573 (ProcessAVTSPacket) DTVRec[1]:
> >         A/V PID 0x51
> >          >discontinuity detected ((6+1)%16!=14)  0.00%
> >          >
> >          >None of the score = 0 type and I have not watched the show to
> >         see if there
> >          >are issues. Are the messages that say "discontinuity detected"
> >         significant?
> >
> >         Unfortunately, those discontinuity messages do not seem to be
> >         necessarily significant.  I do get them when the recording is OK
> - I
> >         think they can happen when ad breaks get inserted and the video
> >         stream
> >         is disrupted by that.  But I only seem to get them from my DVB-S
> >         tuners via minisatip, so I have not ruled out a bug in minisatip
> >         from
> >         being the cause.  If there are lots of them, that is likely to
> >         indicate a problem, but an occasional burst of just one or two
> at a
> >         time (like I get) does not seem to indicate a real problem.  As
> >         best I
> >         can determine, the ones I get when the recording does have a
> problem
> >         will have a final calculated % value that is non-zero.  The ones
> >         that
> >         I get that do not correspond to a bad recording all seem to have
> >         final calculated value of 0.0 % or a very small number (<
> >         0.00001 %).
> >

> >     I see lots of the the discontinuity detected messages but looking at
> >     the time stamps, they are in groups of one or two.
> >     Taking yesterday as a test day, I saw glitches in programs on both
> >     HDHomerun units, on different channels, one UHF and one VHF, and I
> >     saw no overall_score="0". That said, I erased the show from the
> >     second HDHomerun so I can't prove it actually recorded on that unit
> >     so I need to repeat that.
> >
> >     I will not rule out a signal strength problem but I would be very
> >     surprised if the VHF channel had a problem.  The UHF channel is
> >     typically more difficult to get.  I would also not expect
> >     interference to hit both channels.
> >
> >     The only thing I can think to do now, other than repeating the
> [...]

I do believe that I have EIT disabled as when it was enabled it overwrote
my Schedules Direct listings so I only got listings for a day or so.
Absolutely Mythweb shows all channels have useonairguide unchecked.

The last thread you linked is interesting in that the poster had the same
problem I do and proved it was not in the OTA source.  Then the list owner
closed it as not a MythTV problem.  Final comment that it might be EIT but
no resolution.  Anyway, I don't think I have EIT in use.  I will check the
backend setup to make sure it is still unchecked there.

Allen