[mythtv-users] Unable to record from EPG

Alan Bak alan at cinebyte.com
Tue Oct 9 17:33:56 UTC 2018

Hi

I am new to MythTV but am somewhat familiar with Linux, Mysql and Perl.
I have setup the MythTV (Ver .28) master back end on Ubuntu 16.04 server
with a Hauppage WinTV-quadHD tuner card. I have a dedicated drive for
storing recordings separately from the system disk. The front end is
currently running on a Mac Mini.

I am able to view channels, selecting them from the EPG. If I am
watching a channel and select record (R) the program is recorded to the
storage drive. If I select a program to record in the future from the
EPG the recording never happens. I have looked at the record table in
the mythconverg database and the recording times are 4hrs later than the
times shown in the EPG? I have updated the starttime, startade, endtime,
enddate in the record table to match the actual airtime of the program
but this does not seem to be  the issue as no recording is created.

I have been searching the internet for solutions to this problem but am
not finding much that is relevant. Any ideas where I should start?

Thanks!

Alan