[mythtv-users] Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS do-release-upgrade with Mythtv

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Oct 9 10:04:05 UTC 2018

I have discovered one more issue:

14) My Bind 9 DNS server failed to start with an "out of memory"
error.  I had this in my named.conf files:

options{
   datasize 20M;
}

It seems that the new version of Bind (9.11) uses more memory than the
old 9.10 version, and it exceeded the (tiny) setting I was using.  I
changed it to "datasize 200M;" and it is working again.

I had not noticed the problem since the upgrade as it is my backup DNS
server, not the master one.  But today I rebooted my Windows 7 PC
where the master DNS server is and the Norton firewall failed to
start, so all external access to that box was blocked.  So I no longer
had a working DNS server anywhere on my network, and I finally noticed
what had happened.