[mythtv-users] [Solved!] Setting up LIRC to control FrontEnd on Ubuntu 18.04.

Dave Pearson (Lists) lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Sun Oct 7 08:52:36 UTC 2018

Hi Stephen, Greg,

I wanted to drop you both a line to say thank you both for all of the help (and especially the time you spent) you gave me with trying to set up my LIRC Remote control for my myth frontend.

I've finally figured out what the incorrect element was that was stopping this from working, it turned out to be my lircrc file, which had button definitions which didn't match what irw was seeing - once I'd figured that out, I was able to correct the file and BINGO! it worked.

For diagnosis, irw and ircat mythtv were the key, as well as setting up an almost empty lircrc file to use with ircat irexec with just a single button defined, I then spotted the difference between what irw was seeing and what was in the lircrc file.

Once again, thanks to you both.

For anyone else that's trying to get this working, Stephen's post can be found with this subject title:

"Remote control issue after Ubuntu upgrade", dated Thursday 4th October 2018

Stephen's explanation and a link to a lirc setup script is available in that message - just make sure your lircrc file is valid, it will save you a whole heap of pain!

Regards,

Dave.