[mythtv-users] Blasting to STB,using a MCEUSB

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 01:57:55 UTC 2018

Oops - forgot about that - here is my .lircrc

[greg at backend-0 ~]$ cat .lircrc

include /home/greg/.lirc/mythtv
include /home/greg/.lirc/mplayer
include /home/greg/.lirc/xine
include /home/greg/.lirc/vlc
include /home/greg/.lirc/xmame
include /home/greg/.lirc/xmess
include /home/greg/.lirc/totem
include /home/greg/.lirc/elisa

Which as you can see dictates the other file path I referenced.  I am sure
that was Mythbuntu generated back when I first started using MythTV and
just hangs around still - I never overwrite my home directory when I build
machines.

I have no idea about not using lirc - I think mythfrontend must be bound to
it's socket for it to work, but I am not 100% on the inter-relationships -
I have used lirc all the way through Fedora 28, so Ubuntu 18 kernel and
userland era, but I recently switched to bluetooth on the harmony hub..