[mythtv-users] MythTV Light installation

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Wed Oct 3 23:01:11 UTC 2018

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 5:30 PM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I’ll check out the wiki when I get started.  As to remotes, I’m going to
> try the Harmony Smart hub remote I used on my NUC. it supports Bluetooth
> and I think the RP3+ does as well, at least the advertising shows the WIFI
> and bluetooth logos.
>
> Remotes are always such a joy to work with. :-}

I have heard the WiFi is spotty but I haven't tested it yet -- I have only
had a wired connection with my Pi so far.  I think that varies from user to
user.

The Pi 3B+ has Bluetooth.  That could work pretty well if you can figure
out the keyboard mappings.  If it worked on the NUC, it should work fine.
I just have a basic Harmony remote and I'm not familiar with the Smart hub,
but I like the basic software very much.

If only that software ran in Linux.... I have to start a VM to run it.

What Doug said about the FLIRC is very true.  They are so simple to set up.