[mythtv-users] firetvstick 4k - MythTV frontend now working for me

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 12:16:58 UTC 2018

On 29/11/2018 23:55, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 11/29/18 6:34 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
>> The puzzlement may not be over yet, but it's looking good.
>>
>> Mostly my problems have been firewall and DB access, and would have
>> happened with any remote frontend; I hadn't felt the need for one before.
>>
>> I believe that I now have the firewall set to enable all the IP4 ports
>> listed during backend startup, and mariadb privileges were granted
>> approximately as shown here:
>>
>> https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/configuring-mariadb-for-remote-client-access/
>>

>> At present I haven't been able to add the 'First entry' and 'Second
>> entry' items listed in the mythtv android wiki, and the speaker tests
>> in the 'Audio' setup don't work, telling me not to disable OSS.  The
>> audio test in the 'General' section is fine.
>>
> Any particular reason you cannot add the playback profile entries? Is
> something unclear in the instructions?

My failure to explore sufficiently the lines that appear at first as

-> ffmpeg & opengl

Now I see:
(((

Add New Entry

formats mpeg2video -> ffmpeg & opengl     >

-> mediacodec & opengl                    >

-> ffmpeg & opengl                        >

}}}

and the other options are hidden a few lines down in long menus entered
via a right-click.

Now playback of DVB-T/T2-derived content seems fine, but with a small
lipsync offset.  In VLC I apply -150 ms, and in other mythfrontends I
can adjust it via keys A or M.  Now the Edit Keys section tells me that
Global MENU is M or Meta+Enter.  Perhaps I need to shout at Alexa?