[mythtv-users] BIOS update enabled secure boot

Don Brett dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Wed Nov 28 15:58:11 UTC 2018

For those that run into this....I was working on an 18.04 build (finally
got back to it) and discovered a bios issue that might solve a freeze-up
problem (long story), so loaded the latest bios update.  After the bios
update, Nvidia drivers would not load....tried several methods to
re-install Nvidia with no luck.

It turns out that Asus enabled secure boot on it's latest update (UEFI),
which led to other issues when installing Nvidia.  I ended up disabling
secure boot in the bios to get it working.  I'll return to the security
issues later, once I get other things worked out.

Don

Link to instructions to disable Asus secure boot
https://www.technorms.com/45538/disable-enable-secure-boot-asus-motherboard-uefi-bios-utility

---