[mythtv-users] FireStick 4K - critically low on storage space

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 15:31:06 UTC 2018

I have installed several apps on the device:  mythfrontend, vlc, TED,
Total Commander, iPlayer etc.

Tried watching a TED talk; fine, but stopped after a few minutes with a
'critically low on storage space' message.  Even the screensaver 'will
resume when you have freed up more space'.  I'm told I need at least 500 MB.

Mythfrontend shows as much the biggest app.  The system quotes 163 MB
plus 6.5 MB data, and I haven't used it yet.  Total Commander says myth
is 72.4 MB.

I suppose there must be an appropriate forum that isn't a PITA but I
haven't found it yet.  The device is clearly good, but perhaps not the
answer to your dreams.  Any comments?

John P