[mythtv-users] Audio dropouts .29

Jack McGee jack at greendesk.net
Sun Nov 25 22:19:45 UTC 2018

On 11/25/18 3:58 PM, Jay Harbeston (ISeePeople) wrote:
> Something else to try is to make sure compositing is turned off the the window manager you are using.

I tried to use XFCE but when I would save an Xorg.conf file, it would
start with blank screen on reboot.

# nvidia-settings: X configuration file generated by nvidia-settings
# nvidia-settings:  version 390.77  (buildd at lcy01-amd64-022)  Thu Sep  6
07:51:39 UTC 2018

Section "Screen"
     Option         "metamodes" "nvidia-auto-select +0+0
{ForceCompositionPipeline=On}"
EndSection

I read somewhere that XFCE overrides Xorg.conf.

So I used Gnome3 and it would respect that.
the log was from Gnome3