[mythtv-users] mythtv on 2 computers and filenames

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 16:04:16 UTC 2018

On 25/11/18 15:25, Klaus Becker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use mythtv mainly on a desktop workstation, but also on a laptop in
> the same room. I sleep in this room, so I use the laptop which makes
> less noise than the the other computer, to record the night. In the
> night, the desktop machine does not run.
>
> I only use the desktop machine to watch recorded films, so I copy all
> films from the laptop to the desktop compter, into the video folder.
>
> The problem are the names of the recorded films on the laptop. I want to
> have their real names on the desktop computer, the other informations
> would be uselfull, but they are less important.
>
> I tried without success to  write a little script to convert filenames
> on the laptop by giving them the names in "show_names", created with
> mythlink.
>
> Did I explain my problem properly ?
>
> any idea would be greatly appreciated
>
> sincerely
>
> Klaus

I use this script to create named links, and cp -L or rsync -L to do the
transfer.  The names will need " name "

The 'KN2' part is from here:  It omits recently deleted recordings.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/558623#558623

#!/bin/bash
# Create a readable list of recordings in /home/john/pretty
#
echo "Creating a pretty list of recordings in /home/john/pretty"
#
perl /usr/share/doc/mythtv-docs-master/contrib/user_jobs/mythlink_KN2.pl
--link \
  /home/john/pretty --format  '%T-%cn-%Y%m%d-%H%i-%S'
date
exit

HTH

John