[mythtv-users] Scan ... again

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Fri Nov 23 06:59:30 UTC 2018

> On 23 Nov 2018, at 5:10 am, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> for videos I have /store/Movies and recorded stuff is /store/Movies/Myth
>>
>> Myth directory has grown to 200 entries and I now want to tidy it to say /store/Movies/MythA-C /store/Movies/Myth0-9 etc etc
>> I do understand (thanks list) the hash mechanism.
>>
>> Once I?ve ln'd the files in Myth to MythEtc is there any quick way to delete all the entries in Myth before rescanning to get them in MythEtc
>>
>> Should I try hacking the DB? (to remove all Myth entries so a rescan picks up the videos in MythEtc while I remove files in Myth)
>>
>> Thanks
>> James
>
> Scan an empty directory, then scan your new structure.  I have
> SGs/Videos as a link that can be redirected easily.  But I don't collect
> metadata, and ISTR having a problem with the extra layer when trying to
> rebuild video seektables, so it's possible that y

John thanks I’ll remember that, ‘course it worked. Should we not ask for a menu setting “forget all scanned videos” ??

Since I’m in tidy-up mode 1 further question please:

All my video folders and videos are depicted as a black recangle with a large QUESTION MARK in yellow.
Googling showed how to apply a folder icon but I see nothing to change a video icon. I guess that mythpreviewgen would handle that. How would I impliment it?

I guess it has no bearing but I’m running 29 fixes compiled my self

James