[mythtv-users] How to induce complete amnesia for a series

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Wed Nov 21 20:00:26 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, November 21, 2018 11:07:42 AM MST Allen Edwards wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 10:03 AM Jay Harbeston (ISeePeople) <
>
> jharbestonus at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > the programs
> >
> > > I believe you can do this on the Myth frontend by adding the recordings
> >
> > to a playback group and then selecting the option on that group to
> > re-record (Going from memory)
> >
> > > Doug
> >
> > If the programs were still available and not deleted you could do that.
> >
> >  However if they are not available you will need to touch the db records
> >  in
> >
> > the oldrecorded table to set them to record again. I believe there are 2
> > fields that control whether or not to re-record.
> >
> > You will need to verify your query into oldrecorded to make sure you only
> > do the ones you want to do.
> >
> > I have done this in the past to rerecord those that I wanted.
> >
> > Standard caveat… be cautious when you do this, making sure you are only
> > changing the ones you want to.
>
> If I have a show and delete the show, the recording schedule still shows up
> in Mythweb and I can call it up and edit it to whatever I want. Safe.

Over the 12 years (as of yesterday!) I have run MythTV I have cleared out old
recording rules several times.

I will have to look at the oldrecorded table. Ideally I'd like to delete all
the old records but I don't know what other tables might need to have records
removed to keep the database in sync. I'll start looking in my hobby time with
a level of paranoia appropriate to my investment in the MythTV database. :)

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca