[mythtv-users] How to induce complete amnesia for a series

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 15:58:28 UTC 2018

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 7:54 AM John Veness <
John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk> wrote:

> On 21/11/2018 15:48, Allen Edwards wrote:
>
> Why can't you just create a new recording recording profile and set
> duplicate check method to "none"?  I am looking at Mythweb and that is an
> option.
>
> Allen
>

> You *could* do that, but then you would get duplicate recordings going
> forward. Even if you set it to only check for duplicates in "current
> recordings only", as soon as you deleted an episode, if it was repeated
> again it would re-record. Better, if you want to re-record the entire
> series but only once, to delete the old entries I believe.
>
> John

Or, you could  let the new profile run until you got what you want then
change it to new only and delete any duplicate recordings.  If I were doing
it, I would also set the profile to a specific channel and time so that I
would be unlikely to get duplicates.  But depends on what you are targeting
I guess.

Allen