[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu package testing

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 07:23:29 UTC 2018

On 18/11/2018 02:47, Thomas Mashos wrote:
> Can someone test the 29.1 packages in the Mythbuntu experimental? They
> appear to be good but I don't have a way to test them and I'd like to
> move the packaging process to launchpad
>
> https://launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/+archive/ubuntu/experimental/+packages
>
> I've currently only built the 29.1 packages on this PPA for 18.04, so
> that's the only way to test it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Thomas

On a clean install Xubuntu 18.04.

According to apt update after adding the repo there is no Release file:

mike at mike-Aspire-V3-571:/etc/apt$ sudo apt update
Hit:1 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic InRelease
Get:2 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-updates InRelease [88.7
kB]
Get:3 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-backports InRelease
[74.6 kB]
Get:4 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-security InRelease [83.2 kB]
Ign:5
https://launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/+archive/ubuntu/experimental/+packages
bionic InRelease
Err:6
https://launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/+archive/ubuntu/experimental/+packages
bionic Release
   404  Not Found [IP: 91.189.89.222 443]
Reading package lists... Done
E: The repository
'https://launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/+archive/ubuntu/experimental/+packages
bionic Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is
therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user
configuration details.

Is there some incantation to allow install without a Release file ?

Mike