[mythtv-users] updating out of date channels

stinga stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com
Fri Nov 16 16:09:30 UTC 2018

On 21/10/2018 20:27, veehexx at zoho.com wrote:
> got round to doing this tonight. turns out it was just an existing transport edit so no major changes or full rescans needed. digitalspys freesat changelog gave the new details and a simple cas of editing the FEC from 2/3 to 3/4 for both the transports of BBC one and BBC four channels.

A bit old I know, but most of my fecs are set to auto.....

I usually hammer the database when I need to make changes...

I have this text file to remind me...

root at pxeboot:/backup/mythtv# cat fix_channel.txt
#Useful urls
https://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=no&aff=list
https://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E-2F-2G.html

#List chan details
select c.xmltvid, c.callsign, c.chanid, c.channum, c.sourceid
'c.sourceid', dm.sourceid 'dm.sourceid', c.mplexid 'c.mplexid',
dm.mplexid 'dm.mplexid', c.serviceid 'c.serviceid', dm.transportid,
dm.frequency, dm.inversion, dm.symbolrate, dm.fec, dm.polarity,
dm.modulation, dm.networkid from channel c, dtv_multiplex dm where
c.mplexid = dm.mplexid and name like '%???%';

#if nothing returned then the multiplex is probably missing - this is
probably better
select c.xmltvid, c.callsign, c.chanid, c.channum, c.sourceid
'c.sourceid', dm.sourceid 'dm.sourceid', c.mplexid 'c.mplexid',
dm.mplexid 'dm.mplexid', c.serviceid 'c.serviceid', dm.transportid,
dm.frequency, dm.inversion, dm.symbolrate, dm.fec, dm.polarity,
dm.modulation, dm.networkid from channel c left join dtv_multiplex dm on
c.mplexid = dm.mplexid where name like '%???%';

#May need to add a new row into dtv_multiplex
select
mplexid,sourceid,transportid,networkid,frequency,inversion,symbolrate,fec,polarity,modulation,sistandard
from dtv_multiplex where frequency=???;
select
mplexid,sourceid,transportid,networkid,frequency,inversion,symbolrate,fec,polarity,modulation,sistandard
from dtv_multiplex order by frequency;

#To insert a new frequency - needs to be done twice, for 3 and 5 sourceid's
insert into dtv_multiplex
(sourceid,transportid,networkid,frequency,symbolrate,polarity)values(5,???,2,???,???,'?');

#Then usually you need to alter the channel tables
select xmltvid, name, c.callsign, c.chanid, c.channum, c.sourceid,
c.mplexid, c.serviceid from channel c where name like '%??%';
update channel set mplexid=??? where chanid=???;
update channel set serviceid=??? where chanid in (???,???);

#duplicate a channel row
CREATE table x SELECT * FROM channel where chanid=???'
select chanid from channel order by chanid limit 5;
update x set chanid=???, chanid=???;
INSERT INTO channel select * from x;
drop table x;

--
'ooroo

Stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com  o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\