[mythtv-users] New backend install on Ubuntu 18.04

Tom Harris thom.j.harris at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 06:54:32 UTC 2018

I’m setting up an Ubuntu 18.04 VM to replace my backend running on an
Ubuntu 14.04 box.  I added the 0.29 ppt (sudo add-apt-repository
ppa:mythbuntu/0.29), but apt installs reset in “unmet dependencies”.

 mythtv : Depends: mythtv-database but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: mythtv-frontend but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: mythtv-backend but it is not going to be installed

Is something else needed to install a new backend?