[mythtv-users] Mythhdhrrecorder and Silicondust Premier issues with tuning

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 23:37:41 UTC 2018

On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 6:55 PM Jay Harbeston (ISeePeople)
<jharbestonus at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, though I did have to make some mods in the mythhdhrrecorder to comment out all the references to the systemd logging on raspbian. There was a bag of hurt in it when I tried to install the systemd dev stuff to try to get the systemd.h include installed.

You probably need to move to a more recent distribution
(I had thought that current raspbian was based on stretch,
and that should be sufficiently recent, but I admit that I
have not followed that distribution to know where they are
in support).

> I just told mythhdhrrecorder to use syslog for logging while running it.

systemd logging is optional to use (you can use syslog, or
file, or whatever logging), but the recorder expects the
library to be there.  You could alternatively create a (probably)
dozen line python function to dummy things out (as I recall,
only one dummy function would need to be provided, although
I might be mis-remembering).

> I am looking at the schedules direct report on schedules direct.com for both the 00001 and 00002 versions and they both have the logical channel number column set to 1 for all 40+ channels on the premier list.

The legacy DD pages only show channel 1.  AFAIK you really
need to convert to the JSON grabbers to get proper numbers.

The DD interface might work if you are willing to use the HLS
interface (as someone else documented), or perhaps with some
careful channel and xmltvid updates in mythtv-setup, but it is
the hard way to do it.  If you like doing things the hard way,
more power to you, but you really should consider moving to
an appropriate JSON XMLTV grabber.

> So once I have subscribed to the premier service the mythhdhrrecorder will see the correct channel numbers for the premium service from the hdhr4 tuner?

Read the docs already provided which document and
explain the process for numbers and access to the
HDHR (they go into the various idiosynchronicities
regarding subscription management and the tuners).