[mythtv-users] setting up specific channels to only use a specific tuner??

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 17:43:08 UTC 2018

> On Nov 11, 2018, at 12:06 PM, Will Dormann <wdormann at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 11/11/18 11:40 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
>> I see the record scheduling option of preferred input.  Is that the
>> correct way?
>

> Perhaps the easiest way to do this is via mythweb.  Go to:
> http://HOSTNAME/mythweb/settings/tv
>
> There you'll see your channel lineup, and also which channels appear on
> multiple sourceids.  For any channel that is problematic for a specific
> source, just un-check the "visible" column for that sourceid.   Then
> click the "Save" button at the bottom.   This way, the preference is set
> on a per-tuner basis as opposed to per-recording, since the problem is
> channel-/tuner-wide.
>
> At least in my case the sourceid of 1 is the first tuner I ever set up,
> and my sourceid of 2 is the second tuner added.   I suspect your setup
> should be similar.

Maybe I didn’t setup the tuners right.  Originally I setup the 4 tuners for the Quatro and only did the channel scan for one of those tuners to get the channel lineup.

When I added the Duo back in, I didn’t do any scan.  All of the Input connections are setup the same pointing to the same XMLTV JSON video source.

Should I change something in the setup so I can see another source besides 1? That’s all I see.

Jim A