[mythtv-users] mythtv-frontend format issue

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 14:48:45 UTC 2018

>> On Nov 9, 2018, at 4:30 PM, Jonatan Lindblad <lindbladjonatan at gmail.com <mailto:lindbladjonatan at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Den 2018-11-06 kl. 13:18, skrev Jim Abernathy:
>>> I just noticed in mythfrontend a formating issue on Information Center -> System Status -> Listing Status.
>>>
>>> At the bottom, Your Subscription Expires on Sunday Dec 2 2:19pm is what mine says.  However my subscription really expires on Dec 2, 2019.
>>>
>>> I just got the warning email from SD and I renewed it for another year. That's why I noticed the display problem.
>>
>> This text is stored in the database when the guide data is updated so this is probably from before you renewed the subscription.  The code that builds this text will include the year even if your DateFormat setting does not and if the subscription does not expire within the current year.  So if the expiration date is always included in the SD data then you can probably expect the year to be included next time you check.
>>
>> Jonatan
>
> I’m not sure I understand your explanation, but I updated to the most current mythtv software on both the frontend and backend.  mythfilldatabase ran last night and the formatting issue remains.  It’s like it’s using the Year numbers as a time.
>
> Jim A

Just an additional thought.  When I was using SchedulesDirect (non-JSON) the console output would show you the expiration date of your ScheduleDirect subscription.  I’m on XMLTV JSON SchedulesDirect now and it does not display anything about your subscription expiration date.

Could this be an issue with XMLTV JSON not updating the subscription expiration date in the database???

Jim A