[mythtv-users] anacron time change after upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Wed Nov 7 16:33:59 UTC 2018

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 7:20 AM Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the answer is to remove my database backup and optimize commands
> from /etc/cron.daily and put them back in my $HOME directory.
>
> Then create a new entry in the /etc/crontab that just executes those
> commands when I want them to run.

+1 for simplicity.

I like /etc/crontab myself.  It's easier to put each user's jobs in one
place (I'm the only one who schedules jobs).  It's simple to copy that file
and save it somewhere just in case, and it's easier when upgrading a
machine.  I use regular crontab when I have to on some embedded machines,
but I try to use /etc/crontab whenever possible.